When it comes to REM finishing, IHC has partnered with GearFX. GearFX have the same beliefs regarding quality, delivery, and service, making them the perfect and trusted partner.
REM’S ISF® Process is a cost-effective alternative to an engineered machined surface in many applications where surface finish, increased wear, and friction reduction represent important considerations. REM’S ISF Process is an isotropic surface finishing process that produces a non-linear, low Ra finish that improves wear properties and reduces friction. This chemical mechanical process sequentially removes the “peaks” of ground, cut, or honed finish while leaving the “valleys” unaffected – the end result is a dramatically improved surface finish with little dimensional change of the part.
- Machine Tool: Gears, bearings, shafts, bushings, spindles, and slides
- Screw-machine and cold-headed parts: Any parts where a low Ra finish is required on a mass-produced basis
- Automotive, Racing, and Marine: Gears, shafts, valve springs, crankshafts, camshafts, and rocker arms
- A cost-effective alternative to conventional machining and grinding processes
- Achieves low Ra surfaces on a mass-produced basis
- Significantly reduces surface friction properties
- Reduces wear on metal-to-metal contact surfaces
- Reduces lubricant temperatures
- Reduces vibration and noise