When it comes to REM finishing IHC has partnered with GearFX. GearFX has the same beliefs as far as Quality, Delivery, and Service which make them the perfect and trusted partner.
The REM’S ISF® Process is a cost-effective alternative to an engineered machined surface in many applications where surface finish, increased wear, and friction reduction are important considerations. The REM’S ISF Process is an isotropic surface finishing process that produces a non-linear, low Ra finish that improves wear properties and reduces friction. It is a chemical mechanical process that sequentially removes the “peaks” of a ground, cut or honed finish while leaving the “valleys” unaffected. The end result is a dramatically improved surface finish with little dimensional change of the part.
- Machine Tool: Gears, bearings, shafts, bushings, spindles, and slides.
- Screw-machine and cold-headed parts: Any parts where a low Ra finish is required on a mass-produced basis.
- Automotive, Racing, and Marine: Gears, shafts, valve springs, crankshafts, camshafts, and rocker arms
- A cost-effective alternative to conventional machining and grinding processes.
- Low Ra surfaces can be achieved on a mass-produced basis.
- Significantly reduces surface friction properties.
- Reduces wear on metal-to-metal contact surfaces.
- Reduces lubricant temperatures.
- Reduces vibration and noise.